• Non-Designated Properties of Cultural Heritage Value or Interest



Address Legal Description Information
112 Brock Street East Pl 83, BLK 68, PT Lot 36, 37 NOW RP 40R-2962 Samuel Umphrey House - This house was built in 1871 by Samuel Umphrey, a prominent Uxbridge Businessman, who played an important role in the Uxbridge Cabinet Organ Factory.  This Victorian house has a fine example of bargeboard, spool work and fretwork. 
34 Marietta Street Plan 83, Blk 65, Lot 124 Pt Lot 123, Now RP 40R-11496 Franklin Davis House - A piano teacher and salesman with the Uxbridge Piano and Organ Factory.  This house is in late Victorian Style. 

23 Franklin Street

Plan 83 BLK 66 Lot C, D Pt Lot B Charles Small House - Built by Charles Small, head of the Uxbridge Piano and Organ Co., about 1901.  Some of the interior design is the same as was some on organs and pianos.  In 1907, Mr. Small sold to J.F. Brownscombe, who was a prominent Uxbridge merchant for many years.  Mr. Bownscombe soon added the large verandah that has made this house and Uxbridge landmark.
6800 Concession Road 6 Con. 5(n) Pt Lot 29 Quaker Meeting House - Built in 1820, this is the oldest building on an original site in the old Ontario County north of Highway #2.  It is very significant because of its architecture and its history.
7239 Concession 6 Concession 6, North Part Lot 31, South Part Lot 32 and now RP 40R-10522 Parts 1 to 3 The Hillson Shed - Built in the 1870's, this shed was originally built on the north side of Colborne Street in Uxbridge as a carriage shed.  It was owned by James Hillson, a local cattle drover. 
Concession 6 (frontage on Colonel Sharpe Crescent) Plan 40M-1694, Blk 63 and Pt Blk 64, RP 40R-18662, Parts 3 and 5 The Nesbitt Shed - Built in the 1900's, this shed originally sat on Part of Lot 14, Concession 6 on the propeorty owned by Robert Lewis and Muriel Nesbitt and was used to store a buggy.
38 Church Street Plan 83, BLK B, Lot 12 Raham House - 1 1/2 storey frame house built in 1871 with large and small gables and gothic style windows and an oriel window.  Purchased in 1896 by Joseph and Agnes Raham.  Mr. Raham operated a carriage factory.  Property was then sold to Jane Wilson who was a councillor in 1897/98 and reeve in 1911/12.
109 Brock Street East Plan 83, BLK 57, Lot 90 R.P. Harman House - L-shaped, 1 1/2 storey frame house with large and small gables has gothic style door which opens onto a small railed verandah.  Stained glass sidelights and transom around the front door are also features of this house.  Reuben P. Harman was a school teacher and businessman.  He owned Sash and Door Factory "Foundry - Aeric Machinery."
54 Cedar Street North Plan 83, BLK M, Part Lot 72 to 74
Harvey and Martha Gould House - T-shaped 1 1/2 storey white brick house built by Joseph Gould in 1876. Purchased by Harvey Gould in 1886. Mr. Gould was a former Mayor of Uxbridge, County Warden.
188 Brock Street West Plan 83, BLK FF, Lot 285 Boyd House - 1 1/2 storey house built in 1876-77 with wrap around verandah.  Gable on the second floor has a door that opens onto a railed verandah.  There are two decorative brackets which have a sunburst pattern that is believed to be unique to Uxbridge.  House still has the original six over six windows and has a traditional fieldstone foundation.  The property was purchased from John C. Fawcett in 1870 who had purchased it from Joseph Gould earlier the same day.
89 Toronto Street South Plan 83, Blk E, Lot 16, Pt Lot 17 Presbyterian Church Manse - Large L-shaped 1 1/2 storey home of white brick.  Gables have bargeboard.  Door on second floor that opens to a railed verandah.  Windows are rounded on top and casements appear to be dated from the 1870's.  Foundation is dressed fieldstone.
13 Young Street Plan 30, Blk 49, Lot 589, E Pt Lot 590 Charles and Annie Gould House - House is typical Queen Anne Revival style.  Two storey yellow brick home features steep hip roof, tall chimneys and turret.  Arched and round headed windows, decorative brick bands and unusual coffin doors that appear to be windows are also features.  Originally owned by Joseph Gould, property was inherited by his son in 1886.  Charles and brother Harvey operated Gould Brothers Bank on Brock Street as well as Uxbridge Roller Mills and Gould Flour and Feed Store.
34 Planks Lane Plan 83, Blk 65, Lot 124 Pt Lot 123, Now RP 40R-11496

Franklin Davis House - A piano teacher and saleman with the Uxbridge Piano and Organ Factory.  This house is in late Victorian Style.

55 Brock Street East Plan 83, Blk 55, Lot 82 Harrison House - The house was built in 1873 by Henry Madill Jr. who operated a dry goods store on Brock Street.  It is a 1 1/2 storey home with back kitchen and dining room.  It was purchased by James Harrison in 1861.  He was a harness maker on Main Street in Uxbridge for 20 years.  In 1949, Mrs. Alma Soper opened her Cedarlea Maternity Home and operated it for seven years. 
70 Main Street South Plan Bascoms Blk Un-Numbered Pt Lot 6 and 7 Bascom - Williams House - The house was a small square frame house that was later bricked but has since undergone a number of changes.  The property was originally owned by Dr. Joseph Bascom and was transferred to his daughter Mary in 1872.  Mary married Alonzo D. Williams who was the first clerk for the Village of Uxbridge and held that position for 27 years. 
7 Dominion Street Plan 83, BLK 2, Lot 5 and Pt Lot 6, 10 Patterson House - The house was built in 1888 and is a 1 1/2 storey yellow brick home.  The west peak of the gables has decorative brickwork, bargeboard is most intricate.  Bought by Andrew Patterson, who was involved in the Parrish Tannery on Bascom Street.  He was also Mayor in 1891. 
23 Main Street South Lot 17, Blk 62, Part Lot 16, 17 J.P. Blank House - Early Town Founder, John P. Plank bought 100 acres at the corner of Main and Brock Street in 1825.  He Built a small frame house and tavern.  In 1828 he built the first store in Town and the first saw mill at Elgin Pond. He built the present building at 23 Main Street after fire detroyed his home and tavern.
6580 Owen Road Concession 5, Part Lot 28 J. Hambleton House - John Hambleton, a Quaker, purchased 100 acres in 1832 and he built a 1 1/2 storey frame home with gable and upper window.  He bought a further 14 acres from the east 1/2 of Lot 29.  Centre Road was built across the property in approximately 1860. 
40 Sandy Hook Road Plan H-50063, Part Lot 19, Now RP 40R-6885, Part 1 Crosby House - Ira Crosby built a Victorian frame 1 1/2 storey with gables on the sides.  It was part of a Plan of Subdivsion developed by J.C. Widdifield.
46 Brock Street East Plan 83, Blk 64, Lot 26, Part Lot Q, Now RP 40R-18618, Part 1 R.P. Harman House - Built in 1871, the Gothic Revival 1 1/2 storey frame house with gables was sold to A.T. Button who was a merchant and lumber dealer.  It has a fieldstone foundation, windows are 6 over 6 and 2 over 2 and it has original door - gingerbread trim along the gables.
32 First Avenue Lot 17, Blk 82, Plan 83 Samuel and Emma Todd House, Carriage Builder (1885-1906) - The Property was owned by a contractor named George Long who sold it in 1885 to Samuel B. Todd.  Mr. Todd was the owner of Conboy Carriage Works in Goodwood, and he operated it for many years making wagons, cutters and sleighs.  The two story yellow brick house has unique front and side gables, bargeboard and gingerbread treatment.
37 First Avenue Plan 83, Blk 55, Lot A George and Mary Long House - Built in 1885 by George Long a local builder and mason.  The house is a Victorian Gothic 1 1/2 story yellow brick home with ornate bargeboard on all the gables and verandah. There is a small upper and lower verandah off to the side and the front and the upper verandah has a door and railing around.
41 First Avenue Plan 83, BLK 10, Part Lot 62 & 63 Wheler House - The 1 1/2 storey Ontario Cottage style house was built in 1860 by Edward Wheler at the northwest corner of Brock and Main Street with the lumber coming from the local mill owned by George Wheler.  It was moved to it's present location by Ira G. Crosby in 1871.  He was the Town Treasurer for many years. 
23 First Avenue Plan 83, BLK 55 Lot D Thirsk House - David Thirsk purchased the lot in 1887 and built this Gothic Revial 2 storey yellow bricked home with a coursed fieldstone basement.  In 1908 it was purchased by W.H. Brownscombe who was in the Boot and Shoe business.
12 Spruce Street Lot 5, BLK G PT, Plan 83 Initially built on a vacant lot circa 1944 by Silverwoods for an egg-grading station, the building then housed the first official Town Council Chambers in 1954 (which included a police office, complete with cells, and other mixed use government staffing).  In recent years, the building was home to a number of community businesses.
2899 Concession 6 Concession 6, Lot 10, Part Lots 6 to 9, 40R-13661, Parts 1 to 3 Was built in 1857 by Ezra Pickett.  The Beauroyfamily has the original deed and they are getting it either restored and/or framed.  The family put an addition onto the cabin in 1969 with a kitchen and a bathroom, etc.  It has one main room on the ground floor, plus the addition.  It also has a fireplace.  The 2nd storey has 2 bunk bed rooms.  The family sold it to the Toronto Conservation Authority in 1992.  3 different families now share the cabin.
50 First Avenue Plan 83, Blk 1, Part Lot 3, 4 Sam Sharpe House - Initially built on a parcel of land circa 1877 by a local builder and known in the community as the “Mauder Mansion”, the building was originally purchased by the Sharpe family in 1881, and later owned by Uxbridge native Col. Samuel Sharpe in 1907. Col. Samuel Sharpe is one of Uxbridge’s most prominent public figures, having served as a Member of Parliament and distinguished service in the Canadian Military, having served overseas in Europe during WWI. The building remained in the Sharpe family until the passing of Col. Samuel Sharpe’s wife 1943, who was also a prominent public figure of Uxbridge within her own rights.  
11 Mill Street Plan 83, Blk YY, Part Lot 469 and Bascom St. Pt. Isaac J. Gould Oatmeal Kiln - A 19th Century Industrial building located at 11 Mill Street which was converted to a private residence.  Directory across the road from Elgin Pond which powered the former mill, it has evolved into a picturesque landmark in the urban area of Uxbridge.